01 02 03 Mya's Everything Blog: A Few of My Favorite Natural Hair Resources 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Few of My Favorite Natural Hair Resources

34

Hey Kids!

Okay here'a a list of blogs, youtube pages, etc that I like to go to for natural hair ideas, hair product recipes, and all.  After finishing this post, I realize that I thought I followed/paid attention to many more naturalistas than I do.  Either way, the following may help if you are new to wearing your hair natural, curious about hairstyles, or a veteran at this looking for more resources.  I’ll add more as I learn and research more, so look for updates!

First, Youtubers that I like:

Naptural85 

It was this lady who ultimately inspired me to go ahead with transitioning to natural because she started with a big chop and by the time I came across her page, she was boasting 22-24 inch long hair.  Gorgeous and she is very creative with styling.  From 2009 until this past year all of her styles were heatless.  








Alyssa Forever

She has some great twist out and bantu knot out routines and I also follow her for makeup and beauty tips as well.  I might have to make a list of my favorite beauty bloggers/vloggers/youtubers as well.  Alyssa is also good if you want to wear wigs for a protective style, she has tutorials for applying the wigs flawlessly.



Mahogany Curls

She is a mom and military spouse and she has great tutorials as well.  She inspired me to try Kinky Curly Products with this video:


The Chic Natural

She creates really nice styles that are pretty simple to do but look really good and upscale.  I like that her hair is on the shorter side because it is good inspiration for me and my hair!  



Here are links to some websites that I check to get news on hair products, styles, hair icons, etc:

Curly Nikki's site is really good if you want to know more about the science behind hair products and it's a good source for inspirations.  Lots of ladies post their natural hair journeys here.

http://www.curlynikki.com


Black Girl with Long Hair has so many different resources, to include lists of natural salons throughout the country, natural hair journeys, hair style tutorial videos and news related to natural hair.

http://blackgirllonghair.com

People I follow on Instagram (some are repeats of the above)

+Curl Factor:  This lady does amazing work on curly girls.  She posts a lot about Devacurl products, and I plan on trying them out.  One of my wish list items is to go to Santa Barbara to have her do my hair!  Check out the transformations on her Insta.

+MahoganyCurls:  Again, she’s a good source for tutorials.

+Naptural85:  (Again) This is my girl here.  I don’t know her and never comment on social media, but I always watch her videos and I’ve tried a few of her styles.  And as stated above, watching her videos sort of helped me on my way to becoming a naturalista!

+My Natural Sistas:  These three ladies all have different curl patterns and do a lot of good protective style tutorials.



If anyone has any others to add, please do so in the comments.  I am always looking for hair resources.  



35 36 37 38