01 02 03 Mya's Everything Blog: A Few Amazing Bits of Harry Potter News 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Few Amazing Bits of Harry Potter News

34

This year, 2016, is gonna be a good one for Harry Potter fans like me!  Whew!  I cannot wait!  We have a play, a theme park, and a movie all within this year.

(via reddit)



First, the show...
We have known since 2013 that a play based on Harry Potter had been int he works and now it comes to fruition!  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is set 19 years after the events of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.  Here's some info from the show's website:

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

I have to say that I really want to go to London so I can see this!  But of course with any good news like this, there is sometimes bullcrap to go with it.  Late last year (haha), the cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child were announced.  No one cared about the two white guys playing Harry and Ron; all eyes were on Ms. Noma Dumezweni, who is black, and will play Hermione. Of course I'm here for it!
(via harry potter gifs tumblr)
So is J.K. Rowling...
Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Rowling loves black Hermione 😘 https://t.co/5fKX4InjTH
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) December 21, 2015


and Emma Watson...
Can't wait to see Noma Dumezweni as Hermione on stage this year. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ #harrypotterandthecursedchild #2016
— Emma Watson (@EmWatson) January 2, 2016

Bloop!  Anywho, the show opens this summer.  Perhaps I can save up my lunch money to get back to London and go see it!

Let’s move on to Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them.  This is technically not about Harry Potter ; it is set seventy years before Harry reads the book.  It is also set in New York in a community of secret wizards and witches.  I am looking forward to checking this out as well.  Here’s a little synopsis from Wikipedia (I know, but the IMDB page is pretty dry and the film doesn’t have its own webpage):

The story revolves around Newt Scamander's arrival at the Magical Congress of the United States of America, for a meeting with an important official. Central to the story and this meeting is a magically expanded briefcase which houses a number of dangerous creatures and their habitats. When the creatures escape from the briefcase, it sends the American wizarding authorities after Newt, and it threatens even further the state of magical and non-magical relations, which is already in a dangerous place, due to the threatening presence of the fanatical extremist group that call themselves, in short, "The Second Salemers". The story tells of what effect this devastating mistake has on the state of wizard/No-Maj (the American term for a non-magical person) relations in New York City's community of wizards and witches in 1926, the effort to correct the mistake, and the horrors of the resultant increase in violence, fear, and tension felt between magical and non-magical peoples.
Shamefully I have not read the book but fortunately, I have plenty of time.  Oh and here’s the trailer:



Lastly but not leastly, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Hollywood opens in April!  AH!  I have been wanting to go to the one in Orlando, but turns out I won’t have to do that now because I can drive to the one here in California.  WHEW!!!!!  I cannot wait to go.  It is on this summer!



Anywho, those are a few things I am very much looking forward to partaking in this year, especially if I can save that lunch money.  Until then, I’ll have to reminisce with my pics from the Harry Potter Studio Tour from last year.  How about you?  Harry Potter Fans Unite!  (I’ll show myself out).
(via gifhell)


35 36 37 38