01 02 03 Mya's Everything Blog: I Love Sad Christmas Songs 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I Love Sad Christmas Songs

34
It is so weird and I don't know why but I really enjoy sad Christmas songs.  They don't bring me down or anything, but I just like them.  Who's with me?  Here are some of my faves:

Wham's "Last Christmas" is such a great '80's jam and I love it so much.  It's about a man who falls in love with someone who basically doesn't give a damn, so he decides he will give his heart to someone special this Christmas.  The video is pretty good too.


Luther Vandross' "This is Christmas" is one of my favorite Christmas albums of all time.  I think it is because I have fond memories of listening to it growing up.  This album boasts one of my other favorite sad Christmas songs: "Every Year, Every Christmas".  This song is about a man meeting a woman on Christmas and showing up every year in hopes of meeting her again but she never comes.  How terrible!  But it's a great song:



The third and probably last on this list is "My Christmas Tree" by the Temptations. This song is about how crappy the Christmas tree is/seems because this guy's woman has left him before Christmas.  Again, very sad but such a comfort song for me.


Of course no list about sad Christmas songs would be complete without "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by the wonderful Darlene Love.  It's such a sad song that I love listening to.  Here is a compilation of the times she performed the song on The Late Show with David Letterman.



Until next time, kisses!






35 36 37 38